Our travels took us to Abingdon Vineyard and Winery. The facility alone is enough for anyone to make the stop. Positioned on a small bluff overlooking a wonderful babbling brook, this winery is a place to get centered. You can’t help but relax and enjoy the world around you. Factor into the equation some nice wine selections, Abingdon Vineyard and Winery becomes a little bite of heaven on earth. We tasted eight wines that appealed to us. We purchased three.
- Traminette – a semi-sweet white wine had a refreshing taste with no bitterness at all.
- Appalachian Autumn – a semi-sweet blush made from red Chambourcin grapes and white Traminette grapes.
- We also picked up a semi-dry red wine blended called – Red Hawk.
Two selections we enjoyed but passed on this time around were:
- Triple Duck – featuring a fun label, with a little local history behind it, and an excellent taste.
- Cabernet Franc – a robust barrel aged red wine.